lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Isaac Hebsh <isaac.he...@gmail.com>
Subject Distibuted search
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2013 18:54:15 GMT
Does adding replicas (on additional servers) help to improve search
performance?

It is known that each query goes to all the shards. It's clear that if we
have massive load, then multiple cores serving the same shard are very
useful.

But what happens if I'll never have concurrent queries (one query is in the
system at any time), but I want these single queries to return faster. Is a
bigger replication factor will contribute?

Especially, Will a complicated query (with a large amount of queried
fields) go to multiple cores *of the same shard*? (E.g. core1 searching for
term1 in field1, and core2 searching for term 2 in field2)

And what about a query on a single field, which contains a lot of terms?

Thanks in advance..