lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Dyer, James" <James.D...@ingramcontent.com>
Subject RE: Variable expansion in DIH SimplePropertiesWriter's filename?
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 15:26:55 GMT
This is a bug.  Can you paste what you've said here into a new JIRA issue?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR

James Dyer
Ingram Content Group
(615) 213-4311

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonas Birgander [mailto:jonas.birgander@prisjakt.nu]
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 4:54 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Variable expansion in DIH SimplePropertiesWriter's filename?

Hello,

I'm testing Solr 4.1, but I've run into some problems with
DataImportHandler's new propertyWriter tag.
I'm trying to use variable expansion in the `filename` field when using
SimplePropertiesWriter.

Here are the relevant parts of my configuration:

conf/solrconfig.xml
<requestHandler name="/dataimport"
class="org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImportHandler">
   <lst name="defaults">
     <str name="config">db-data-config.xml</str>
   </lst>

   <lst name="invariants">
     <!-- country_code is available -->
     <str name="country_code">${country_code}</str>
     <!-- In the real config, more variables are set here -->
   </lst>
</requestHandler>

conf/db-data-config.xml
<dataConfig>
   <propertyWriter
     dateFormat="yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss"
     type="SimplePropertiesWriter"
     directory="conf"
     filename="${dataimporter.request.country_code}.dataimport.properties"
     />

   <dataSource type="JdbcDataSource"
     driver="${dataimporter.request.db_driver}"
     url="${dataimporter.request.db_url}"
     user="${dataimporter.request.db_user}"
     password="${dataimporter.request.db_password}"
     batchSize="${dataimporter.request.db_batch_size}" />
   <document>
     <entity name="item"
       query="my normal SQL, not really relevant
             -- country=${dataimporter.request.country_code}">
       <field column="id"/>
	    <!-- ...more field tags... -->

	    <field column="$deleteDocById"/>
       <field column="$skipDoc"/>
     </entity>
   </document>
</dataConfig>

If country_code is set to "gb", I want the last_index_time to be read
and written in the file conf/gb.dataimport.properties, instead of the
default conf/dataimport.properties

The variable expansion works perfectly in the SQL and setup of the data
source, but not in the property writer's filename field.

When initiating an import, the log file shows:

Jan 30, 2013 11:25:42 AM org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImporter
maybeReloadConfiguration
INFO: Loading DIH Configuration: db-data-config.xml
Jan 30, 2013 11:25:42 AM
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.config.ConfigParseUtil verifyWithSchema
INFO: The field :$skipDoc present in DataConfig does not have a
counterpart in Solr Schema
Jan 30, 2013 11:25:42 AM
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.config.ConfigParseUtil verifyWithSchema
INFO: The field :$deleteDocById present in DataConfig does not have a
counterpart in Solr Schema
Jan 30, 2013 11:25:42 AM org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImporter
loadDataConfig
INFO: Data Configuration loaded successfully
Jan 30, 2013 11:25:42 AM org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImporter
doFullImport
INFO: Starting Full Import
Jan 30, 2013 11:25:42 AM
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.SimplePropertiesWriter
readIndexerProperties
WARNING: Unable to read:
${dataimporter.request.country_code}.dataimport.properties

Is it supposed to work?
Anyone else having problems with this?

Any help appreciated!

Regards,