lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: How to disable compression on stored fields in Solr 4.1?
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 14:40:22 GMT
On 1/29/2013 4:57 AM, Artyom wrote:
> I guess, I have to "write a new codec that uses a stored fields format which
> does not compress stored fields such as Lucene40StoredFieldsFormat"
> http://blog.jpountz.net/post/35667727458/stored-fields-compression-in-lucene-4-1
>
> What is the purpose of <luceneMatchVersion> tag then, does it affect
> anything at all or LUCENE_40 and LUCENE_41 are just the same in Solr 4.1?

The luceneMatchVersion causes some analysis components to behave like
they did in older versions.  Usually you'd want to use this when you
rely on older behavior that was not working correctly and got fixed in
the newer version that you are now running.  The index format is unaffected.

I don't think there's a way to turn off the stored field compression in
the 4.1 index format, but I think there is something else you can do
right now - switch to the 4.0 index format.  To do this, you need a
postingsFormat value of "Lucene40" on some or all of your stored fields
in schema.xml and an option in solrconfig.xml.

  <codecFactory name="CodecFactory" class="solr.SchemaCodecFactory" />

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SchemaXml#Data_Types

Because I could not find an existing issue in Jira to add a compression
config knob, I made one:

Thanks,
Shawn