lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Per Steffensen <st...@designware.dk>
Subject Re: Forwarding authentication credentials in internal node-to-node requests
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 14:21:08 GMT
Hmmm, it will not work for me. I want the "original" credential
forwarded in the sub-requests. The credentials are mapped to permissions
(authorization), and basically I dont want a user to be able have
something done in the (automatically performed by the contacted
solr-node) sub-requests that he is not authorized to do. Forward of
credentials is a must. So what you are saying is that I should expect to
have to do some modifications to Solr in order to achieve what I want?

Regards, Per Steffensen

On 1/11/13 2:11 PM, Markus Jelsma wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If your credentials are fixed i would configure username:password in your request handler's
shardHandlerFactory configuration section and then modify HttpShardHandlerFactory.init() to
create a HttpClient with an AuthScope configured with those settings.