lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Per Steffensen <st...@designware.dk>
Subject Re: Terminology question: Core vs. Collection vs...
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2013 07:26:21 GMT
On 1/3/13 4:55 PM, Mark Miller wrote:
> Trying to forge our own path here seems more confusing than helpful
> IMO. We have enough issues with terminology right now - where we can
> go with the industry standard, I think we should. - Mark
Fair enough.

I dont think our biggest problem is whether we decide to call it
Replica/replicationFactor or ShardInstance/InstancesPerShard. Our
biggest problem is that we really havent decided once and for all and
made sure to reflect the decision consistently across code and
documentation. As long as we havnt I believe it is still ok to change
our minds.