lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Lance Norskog <goks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Viewing the Solr MoinMoin wiki offline
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2013 08:03:37 GMT
3 problems:
a- he wanted to read it locally.
b- crawling the open web is imperfect.
c- /browse needs to get at the files with the same URL as the uploader.

a and b- Try downloading the whole thing with 'wget'. It has a 'make
links point to the downloaded files' option. Wget is great.

I have done this by parking my files behind a web server. You can use
Tomcat. (I recommend the XAMPP distro:
http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html). Then, use Erik's command to
crawl that server. Use /browse to read it.

Looking at this again, it should be possible to add a file system
service to the Solr start.jar etc/jetty.xml file. I think I did this
once. It would be a handy patch. In fact, this whole thing would make a
great blog post.