lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Solr 3.5: java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException caused by negative start value
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2012 22:31:41 GMT

: My Solr 4.1 dev server doesn't seem to have a problem handling this.  I see a
: substantially similar exception when I send a similar request.
:
: I have a clarification, at least for 4.1: That specific exception is when it's
: a large negative number - larger than the numFound of the query.  With a small
: negative number, it's a different exception.  I won't be trying a small

weird ... definitely seems like something we should just nip in the bud --
fail hard and fast if start is < 0.

can you file a jira please?

-Hoss