lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Floyd Wu <floyd...@gmail.com>
Subject Difference between 'bf' and 'boost' when using eDismax
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2012 04:00:44 GMT
Hi there,

I'm not sure if I understand this clearly.

'bf' is that final score will be add some value return by bf?
for example->  score + bf = final score

'boost' is that score will be multiply with value that return by boost?
for example-> score * boost = final score

When using both( 'bf' and 'boost')
score * boost + bf = final score

If I would like to make recent created document ranking higher, using 'bf'
or 'boost' will be better solution(Assume bf and boost will use the same
function recip(ms(NOW,datefield),3.16e-11,1,1))?

Please help on this.