lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: setting hostPort for SolrCloud
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2012 21:40:34 GMT
Be aware that you still have to setup tomcat to run Solr on the right port - and you also have
to provide the port to Solr on startup. With jetty we do both with -Djetty.port - with Tomcat
you have to setup Tomcat to run on the right port *and* tell Solr what that port is. By default
that means also passing -Djetty.port - but you can change that to whatever you want in solr.xml
(to hostPort or solr.port or whatever).

The problem is that it's difficult for a webapp to find what ports it's running on - you can
only do it when a request actually comes in to my knowledge.

- Mark