lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From shreejay <shreej...@gmail.com>
Subject Data from deleted from Solr (Solr cloud)
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 16:08:31 GMT
Hi All,

I have a solrlcoud instance with 3 shards. Each shard has 2 instance (2
servers each running a instance of solr)

Lets say I had Instance1 and instance2 in shard1 … At some point, instance2
went down due to OOM (out of memory) . instance1 for some reason was not
replicating the data properly and when it became the leader, it had only
around 1% of the data that instance2 had. I restarted instance2, and hoped
that instance1 will replicate from 2, but instead instanace2 replicated from
instance1 . and ended up deleting the original index folder it had. There
were around 2 million documents in that instance.

Can any one of solrlcoud users give any hints if I can recover this data?

--Shreejay