lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr cloud recovery, why does restarting leader need replicas?
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 17:04:53 GMT

On Nov 28, 2012, at 11:58 AM, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote:

>  and we don't want to lose any updates.

That's probably somewhat inaccurate - in this case it's more about consistency - we only ack
updates once they are on every replica. So it's not a lost updates issue, but a consistency
issue.

The lost updates part is more like when you stop the cluster, than you start an old shard
or something before starting more recent shards - you don't want that thing to become the
leader because the other shards were not up yet.

- Mark