lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Paul Tester <paulteste...@gmail.com>
Subject solr asp.net integration challenge
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2012 15:49:07 GMT
Hi all,

At our company we have an asp.net webapplication hosted in IIS 7.5. This
application have a search module which is using solr. For communication
with the solr instance we use a 3th party plugin. For every search we show
the total count of the results and also 10 or 15 records. What we're now
trying to achieve is that the user can select all the records from his
search, which involves that all the doc ids should be available in the
asp.net application in IIS as fast as possible. Our problem is that the
count of his search easily can contain 1.000.000 records (or even more),
which takes way to long to transport them to the application via a json
result over http. So I'm looking for an alternative solution which is way
faster.

What kind of solutions are recommended?

Paul