lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From GIROLAMI Philippe <philippe.girol...@cegedim.fr>
Subject RE: [SolrCloud] is softcommit cluster-wide for the collection ?
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2012 16:00:08 GMT
Hi Mark,
Thanks for the details
>> If the answer is b), what would happen on a 1-replica setup if one commit succeeded
and the replica commit failed  ?
>What's the reason the commit failed? Either a really bad problem and that node will need
to be restarted and either won't answer requests or it will
>be asked to recover by the leader when sending it an update that failed.
Something dumb like a full disk for example. So I understand that the leader for the shard
stored to the transaction log which means that if, in the worst case, it crashes and does
not loose disk data, it will replay it. And for "slaves" crashes, they will get the commit
log from the leader.
Is this right ?

>Because commits are not required for durability, it's probably not the issue that you
think.
Sure looks like it !

Thanks