lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Dyer, James" <James.D...@ingramcontent.com>
Subject RE: Solr SpellCheck on Query Field
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2012 15:39:24 GMT
What I'm saying is if you specify "spellcheck.maxCollationTries", it will run the suggested
query against the index for you and only return valid re-written queries.  That is, a misspelled
firstname will be replaced with a valid firstname; a missspelled lastname will be replaced
with a valid lastname, etc.  Also, all the collations returned will be guaranteed to give
the user some hits (it even can tell you how many).

I also recommend using "spellcheck.alternativeTermCount" & "spellcheck.maxResultsForSuggest"
in your situation.  Check the wiki for these parameters for more information.

James Dyer
E-Commerce Systems
Ingram Content Group
(615) 213-4311

-----Original Message-----
From: SolrCarinthia [mailto:tandon.harsh@ymail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2012 2:43 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: Solr SpellCheck on Query Field

Correct me if i am wrong but wouldn't collation return alternate terms
against the master dictionary field.

So if I were to take a collated term and run a query for that term against a
specific field (say First Name) I am not guaranteed to get back results
since that term could actually have been collated because of a token from
another field (say Last Name). To get guaranteed results as collate
promises, I would have to run the suggested query against the master dict
field. That's probably valid since collation returns results in context of
master dict field but this behavior is pretty much what I want to avoid.