lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From James Jory <ja...@vintank.com>
Subject Re: Can Solr v1.4 and v4.0 co-exist in Tomcat?
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2012 19:54:22 GMT
Hi Ken-

We've been running 1.3 and 4.0 as separate web apps within the same Tomcat instance for the
last 3 weeks with no issues. The only challenge for us was refactoring our app client code
to use SolrJ 4.0 to access both the the 1.3 and 4.0 backends. The calls to the 1.3 backend
use the XML response format while the 4.0 backend use the Java binary format.

-James