lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Smiley, David W." <dsmi...@mitre.org>
Subject Re: Spatial Search response time complexity
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 18:32:43 GMT
Hi TJ.

If you use a circle query shape, it's O(N), plus it puts all the points in memory.  If you
use a rectangle via bbox then I'm not sure but its fast enough that I wouldn't worry about
it.  If my understanding is correct on Lucene TrieRange fields, it's O(Log(N)).  If you want
fast filtering no matter what the query shape is, then I suggest Solr 4.0 SpatialRecursivePrefixTreeFieldType
  ("location_rpt" in the example schema)

~ David Smiley