lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: 404 error for http://host:port/solr1-newmaster/dataimport
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 04:22:32 GMT
On 10/17/2012 1:24 PM, srinalluri wrote:
> Hi I am new to Solr 4.0, I am familiar with solr 3.6. I have set solr
> 4.0. I am getting 'There are no SolrCores running. ' message for
> http://host:port/solr1-newmaster/ URL. What does it mean, what should
> I do? I am getting 404 error for this : /solr1-newmaster/dataimport
> Does it mean it is not recognizing conf files? My conf files are at
> http://host:port/newmaster/collection1/conf/

Check your log.  Exactly where the log resides is going to depend on
which servlet container you are using and how your system is
configured.  With the example jetty in its default configuration, the
log is sent to stderr.

I ran into this error myself when migrating my config from 3.5 to 4.0.
It happened when none of my cores were able to start up because of
configuration errors or missing dependent jars.

Thanks,
Shawn