lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From blopez <balo...@hotmail.com>
Subject Several indexes
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 10:21:11 GMT
Hi all,

I'm facing a problem that I think is easier to solve than I really think.

Overview: I have an application working on Solr which manages indexing and
retrieval operations. Everything's working fine, I can index some docs (for
example schema with attributes A, B and C) in a Solr index and then perform
query operations on it.

The problem is that I want to implement another process in the same
application to retrieve information, but with a different schema. For
example, docs with attributes X and Y.

I tried to set two different schemas in the schema.xml file, but it crashes
the Solr instance. Moreover, I've been thinking about a workaround but it's
not clear for me. Another point could be creating a new instance of Solr, so
that there are two Solr instances open... but I think it's not a real
solution.

Regards,
Borja.