lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: N-gram ranking based on term position
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 00:43:41 GMT

: Since Edge N-gram tokens are a subset of N-gram tokens, I was wondering if
: I could be a bit more space efficient.

the use of edgengrams is really a question of your goal and wether having
terms for those overlaping ngram tokens is what you want.

If you just want to match the existing terms you already have in a way
that scores documents higher when those terms have a lower term position,
then something like a "SpanFirstQuery" is probably more appropriate.

Off the top of my head, i'm not sure that there is an easy way to generate
a SpanFirstQuery in solr at the moment -- the "surround" parser supports
SpanQueries through a special syntax, but I don't think it supports
SpanFirstQuery - so writing your own quick and dirty SpanFirstQParser
(based on TermQParser) might be the best way to go.

-Hoss