lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: solr issue with seaching words
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 00:34:59 GMT

: I am facing a strange problem. I am searching for word "jacke" but solr also
: returns result where my description contains 'RCA-Jack/'. Íf i search
: "jacka" or "jackc" or "jackd", it works fine and does not return me any
: result which is what i am expecting in this case.

you need to tell us what the analyzers in your fieldType - if i had to
guess, i would suspect that you are using a rules basd stemmer that
converts "jacke" to "jack" in combination with something that splits on
"-" ... which could be WordDelimiterFilter, or it could be something else.

devil is in the details

-Hoss