lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <erik.hatc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: missing a directory, can not process pdf files
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 14:51:29 GMT
There's nothing in that tutorial that mentions an update "directory".  /update is a URL endpoint
that requires Solr be up and running.

Please post the entire set of steps that you're trying and the exact (copy/pasted) error messages
you're receiving.

And once you index a PDF file, you don't retrieve the file back from Solr, you retrieve search
results.  The original file is where it was indexed from, not inside Solr.  What you'll get
back is the file name (if you stored it, that is).

	Erik

On Sep 19, 2012, at 10:40 , xxxx xxxx wrote:

> I want to process a pdf file see "Indexing Data" from http://lucene.apache.org/solr/api-4_0_0-BETA/doc-files/tutorial.html
>
> the directory "update" doesnt even exist:
> SimplePostTool: POSTing files to http://localhost:8983/solr/update..
>
> fails because the /update directory is not there and also has no contents (and is missing
in the repos on github and so on)