lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From kiran chitturi <chitturikira...@gmail.com>
Subject Importing of unix date format from mysql database and dates of format 'Thu, 06 Sep 2012 22:32:33 +0000' in Solr 4.0
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 00:23:16 GMT
Hi,

I am using Solr with DIH and started getting errors when the database
time/date fields are getting imported in to Solr. I have used the date as
the field type but when i looked up at the docs it looks like the date
field does not accept (Thu, 06 Sep 2012 22:32:33 +0000) or (1346976590)
formats.

Also, When i used field_type as 'text_ar' and indexed a line with arabic
text, Solr is displaying some non-ISO characters. It looks like the text is
not being unicoded.

Did anyone face a similar issue ? The Solr date field type does not support
a variety of formats.

Is there any work around to solve this kind of issues ?

Many Thanks,
--
Kiran Chitturi