lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Personalized Boosting
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 12:41:01 GMT
Would boosting (or sorting) by geodist work? See:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SpatialSearch#geodist_-_The_distance_function

Which you can use for a "boost query" as well as sorting.

Of course you need to get the lat/lon of your users to make this work,
but there are a number of services that can get you, say, the city
center in lat/lon.

Best
Erick

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 6:43 AM, Tom Mortimer <tom.m.flax@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm still not sure I understand what it is you're trying to do. Index-time or query-time
boosts would probably be neater and more predictable than multiple field instances, though.