lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Kiran J <kiranjuni...@gmail.com>
Subject Filter query not null or in list
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2012 00:07:11 GMT
Hi everyone,

I have a group field which restricts the permission for each user. A user
can belong to multiple groups. A document can belong to only Group (ie) non
multi valued. There are some documents which are unrestricted, hence group
id is null. How can I use the filter for a given user so that it includes
results from both Group=NULL and Group=(X or Y or Z) ? I try something like
this, but doesnt work:

-Group:[* TO *] OR Group:(X OR Y OR Z)

Note that the Group is a UUID field. Is it possible to assign a default
UUID value ?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Kiran