lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Dotan Cohen <dotanco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unexpected results in Solr 4 Pivot Faceting
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 13:29:52 GMT
On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Erik Hatcher <erik.hatcher@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ranges won't work at all.... pivots are purely by individual term currently.
>
> If you want to pivot by ranges, and you can define those ranges during indexing, then
you could make a field that represented which range each document is in.

>   doc:
>     id: 1234
>     category: History
>     date_range_buckets: 2004/March->June
>
> or something like that.  Then you could pivot on category and date_range_buckets.  It's
a hacky workaround, but might just be sufficient for some cases.

Thanks. As there are other applications using the index I was hoping
to avoid adding a redundant work-around field. But it looks like the
best solution.

Just to be clear, as I'm not logged onto the dev server at the moment
but it was implied in an earlier mail: Any field that is to be pivoted
on needs to be a string field? Is that documented, as I cannot find
that in the docs.

Thanks!

--
Dotan Cohen