lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidworks.com>
Subject Re: Items disappearing from Solr index
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 15:18:05 GMT
On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Shawn Heisey <solr@elyograg.org> wrote:
> On 9/26/2012 5:47 AM, Kissue Kissue wrote:
>>
>> getSolrServer().deleteByQuery(catalogueId + ":" + Emory Labs)  [Notice
>> that
>> there are no quotes surrounding the catalogueId value - Emory Labs]
>
> How did you even get this Java code to compile?

I suspect it's just pseudo-code.  They probably had ":" + myStringVariable
and just substituted in the value of myStringVariable (i.e. Emory Labs).

# Shouldn't the delete match the same documents as the search?

Yes.  Probably just a case of the search being configured with a
different default field, or a different default operator (AND instead
of OR), or using edismax with mm=100%... etc.

-Yonik
http://lucidworks.com