lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Vadim Kisselmann <v.kisselm...@gmail.com>
Subject Problems with memory consumption, EmbeddedSolrServer
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2012 13:15:54 GMT
Hi folks,

we use the EmbeddedSolrServer (v. 3.6.1) and run into problems with
the memory consumption.
Our procedure:
- We index for 2 minutes documents
- 1x commit after 2 minutes
- search
- delete all docs
- commit
- optimize
and again from the beginning...

It runs a couple of hours and in the end the server crashes with an OOM-Error.
We analyze our heap dump(see screenshots), and we find a big bunch of
"RAMFiles"(99) and 24 instances of "SolrIndexSearcher".
Together they occupy round about 70% of or RAM(1GB). It seems like we
open new instances from SolrIndexSearcher again and again
but don't clean up.

What is wrong here?  Is our procedure wrong? Or something else?

Best regards
Vadim