lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Only exact match searches working
Date Sun, 16 Sep 2012 20:57:46 GMT
Two techniques:

1. Use a wildcard query: Eng*
2. Add an EdgeNGramFilterFactory to your index analyzer.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Spadez
Sent: Sunday, September 16, 2012 4:47 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Only exact match searches working

Hi,

I finally got my Solr working. It indexes posts and I can search it from my
site. I have run into one problem though.

If I have an entry as "England", when I search "England" on my site, or
"england" I get the result returned. When I search "Eng" it tells me there
are no results.

My question is this, how do I make it so it doesn't have to be an exact
match for results to be returned.