lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Yoni Amir <Yoni.A...@actimize.com>
Subject RE: solrj api for partial document update
Date Sun, 02 Sep 2012 10:45:26 GMT
In the solrj api, the value of a SolrInputField can be a map, in which case solrj adds an additional
attribute to the field's xml element.
For example,
This code:

	SolrInputDocument doc = new SolrInputDocument();
	Map<String, String> partialUpdate = new HashMap<String, String>();
	partialUpdate.put("set", "foo");
	doc.addField("id", "test_123");
	doc.addField("description", partialUpdate);

yields this document:

<doc boost="1.0">
	<field name="id">test_123</field>
	<field name="description" update="set">foo</field>
</doc>

In this example I used the value "set" for this additional attribute, but it doesn't work.
Solr doesn't update the field as I expected.
According to this link:
http://solr.pl/en/2012/07/09/solr-4-0-partial-documents-update/
valid values are "set" and "add".

Any idea?