lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Voth, Brad (GE Corporate)" <Brad.V...@ge.com>
Subject Re: How to use Apache Cassandra with Apache Solr
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2012 21:20:34 GMT
Be wary off solandra, after talking with jake (its developer) I have learned it was a poc for
the integration in datastax and it is now abandoned.

Interestingly I just did a bakeoff between datastax, solandra, solr and elasticsearch for
our environment and datastax performed decently but the solr and elasticsearch solutions both
outperformed and under cost the cassandra integrated lucene solutions.

Feel free to ping me off list if you have further ??s about my bakeoff in particular.

----- Original Message -----
From: PeterKerk [mailto:vetteparty@hotmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2012 04:20 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org <solr-user@lucene.apache.org>
Subject: How to use Apache Cassandra with Apache Solr

For a totally new project I'm building I want to use Cassandra as my
datasource (normally I use MSSQL) and provide search/facet navigation with
Apache Solr.
Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to set this up? I've heard of
commercial solutions like Datastax or a small open source initiative
Sollandra, but I'm really hoping there's an existing solution provided by
Apache on how to integrate these two beautiful products...

Thanks!