lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "guenter.hipler@unibas.ch" <guenter.hip...@unibas.ch>
Subject Re: use of filter queries in Lucene/Solr Alpha40 and Beta4.0
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 06:39:13 GMT
Erick, thanks for response!
Our use case is very straight forward and basic.
- no cloud infrastructure
- XMLUpdateRequest - handler (transformed library bibliographic data
which is pushed by the post.jar component). For deletions I used to use
the solrJ component until two month ago but because of the difficulties
I read about I changed back to the basic procedure with XML documents
- around 18 million documents, no distributed shards
- once the basic use case is stable and maintainable we are heading
forward to the more fancy things ;-)

Yonik provided a patch (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-3793)
yesterday morning. I'm going to run tests once it is part of the nightly
builds. By now, if I'm not wrong
(https://builds.apache.org/job/Solr-Artifacts-4.x/), the last build
doesn't contain it.

Best wishes from Basel, Günter