lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Michael Guymon <mich...@tobedevoured.com>
Subject Solr from scratch in 3 lines
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2012 07:20:33 GMT

Hello Solrian,

I put together a JRuby gem that will setup and run a Solr instance:

gem install solr_sail
solrsail install
solrsail start

There is a copy of the Solr config with the gem that gets extracted and
Jar dependences are downloaded with the install step. An embedded Jetty
server is used to run the Solr app with the start step. This is based on
work I did with using Solr and embedded Tomcat that ran from a Jar. Solr
in a Jar worked great, I am curious to see how stable and what the
performance is like by running Solr over JRuby.

My rambling blog post with more details -

http://blog.tobedevoured.com/post/30784789256/solrsail-solr-from-scratch-in-3-lines

thanks,
Michael