lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Biff Baxter <tom.bren...@acmedata.net>
Subject Re: need best solution for indexing and searching multiple, related database tables
Date Sat, 29 Sep 2012 00:31:32 GMT
Hi jimtronic,

I think you have the answers I need.  I have several questions.

As a rough example, when you create your view, if you have one parent record
and three child records, do you end up with three denormalized records or
one
record that has data for three child records consolidated into each child
field?

To illustrate, if you start with two tables that look like this:

<http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/file/n4011006/tables.jpg>

does your view look like this:

<http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/file/n4011006/denormalized.jpg>

or this: