lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mani <mehamba...@art.com>
Subject Solr search not working after copying a new field to an existing Indexed Field
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 18:50:37 GMT
I have a made a schema change to copy an existing field "name" (Source Field)
to an existing search field "text" (Destination Field).

Since I made the schema change, I updated all the documents thinking the new
source field will be clubbed together with the "text" field.  The search for
a specific name does not return results.

If I delete the document and then adding the document back works just fine.

I thought Add command with default override option will work as Delete and
Add.

Is this the only way to reindex the "text" field? Is there anyother method?

I really appreciate your help on this!