lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From ravicv <ravichandra...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem after replication using solr 1.4
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2012 05:20:33 GMT
 Hi,

We have configured replication in our solr setup.

After replication master index size grows to double the size even though
maxNumberOfBackups is not configured in my solrconfig.xml

 Master replication handler

<requestHandler name="/replication" class="solr.ReplicationHandler" >
    <lst name="master">
        <str name="replicateAfter">optimize</str>
    </lst>
</requestHandler>

 Slave replication handler

<requestHandler name="/replication" class="solr.ReplicationHandler" >
    <lst name="slave">
        <str name="masterUrl">${solr.master.security_pricing.url}</str>
        <str name="pollInterval">00:00:20</str>
        <str name="httpConnTimeout">5000</str>
        <str name="httpReadTimeout">10000</str>
     </lst>
</requestHandler>

 Whether solr takes default maxNumberOfBackups as 1?. If so how can i keep
my index size as original always or is their a way to delete the backup
after replication is completed?

My initial index size at master after first replication is : 246MB.
My initial index size at master after secondreplication is : 492MB.

Is their any way to clear backups in master after replication is done?

 I am using solr1.4 version.

Thanks,
Ravi