lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From ravicv <ravichandra...@gmail.com>
Subject Solr index grows after replication
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2012 10:07:34 GMT
Hi,

We have configured replication in our solr setup.
After replication master index size grows to double size even though
maxNumberOfBackups is not configured.

*Master replication handler*

        optimize

*Slave replication handler*

        ${solr.master.security_pricing.url}
        00:00:20
        5000
        10000

Whether solr takes default maxNumberOfBackups  as 1?. If so how can i keep
my index size as original always or is their a way to delete the backup
after replication is completed?

My initial index size at master after first replication is : 246MB.
My initial index size at master after secondreplication is : 492MB.

Is their any way to clear backups in master after replication is done?

I am using solr1.4 version.

Thanks,
Ravi