lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Toke Eskildsen ...@statsbiblioteket.dk>
Subject Re: Is there any special meaning for # symbol in solr.
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2012 13:53:23 GMT
On Mon, 2012-09-03 at 13:39 +0200, veena rani wrote:
> >  I have an issue with the # symbol, in solr,
> >  I m trying to search for string ends up with # , Eg:c#, it is throwing
> >  error Like, org.apache.lucene.queryparser.classic.ParseException: Cannot
> >  parse '(techskill:c': Encountered "<EOF>" at line 1, column 12.

Solr only received '(techskill:c', which has unbalanced parentheses.
My guess is that you do not perform a URL-encode of '#' and that you
were sending something like
http://localhost:8080/solr/select?&q=(techskill:c#)
when you should have been sending
http://localhost:8080/solr/select?&q=(techskill%3Ac%23)