lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Rohit" <ro...@simplify360.com>
Subject RE: Solr Not releasing memory
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2012 02:50:55 GMT
HI Lance,

Thanks for explaining this, it does push out all other programs.

Regards,
Rohit
Mobile: +91-9901768202

-----Original Message-----
From: Lance Norskog [mailto:goksron@gmail.com]
Sent: 03 September 2012 01:00
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Solr Not releasing memory

1) I believe Java 1.7 release memory back to the OS.
2) All of the Javas I've used on Windows do this.

Is the physical memory use a problem? Does it push out all other programs?

Or is it just that the Java process appears larger? This explains the latter:
http://blog.thetaphi.de/2012/07/use-lucenes-mmapdirectory-on-64bit.html