lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Connect to SOLR over socket file
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 03:49:52 GMT

: >> Is it possible to connect to SOLR over a socket file as is possible
: >> with mysql? I've looked around and I get the feeling that I may be
: >> mi-understanding part of SOLR's architecture.

Why are you specificly interested in trying to talk to solr over a socket
file?

https://people.apache.org/~hossman/#xyproblem
XY Problem

Your question appears to be an "XY Problem" ... that is: you are dealing
with "X", you are assuming "Y" will help you, and you are asking about "Y"
without giving more details about the "X" so that we can understand the
full issue.  Perhaps the best solution doesn't involve "Y" at all?
See Also: http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=542341

-Hoss