lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Michael Della Bitta <michael.della.bi...@appinions.com>
Subject Re: Special suggestions requirement
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2012 13:01:31 GMT
In this case, we're storing the overall value length and sorting it on
that, then alphabetically.

Also, how are your queries fashioned? If you're doing a prefix query,
everything that matches it should score the same. If you're only doing
a prefix query, you might need to add a term for exact matches as well
to get them to show up.

Michael Della Bitta

Appinions | 18 East 41st St., Suite 1806 | New York, NY 10017
www.appinions.com
Where Influence Isn’t a Game

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 9:58 PM, Lochschmied, Alexander
<Alexander.Lochschmied@vishay.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to offer distinct, alphabetically sorted, fixed length options?
>
> I am trying to suggest part numbers and I'm currently trying to do it with the spellchecker
component.
> Let's say "ABCD" was entered and we have indexed part numbers like
> ABCD00000000
> ABCD20000000
> ABCD21000000
> ABCD22000000
>
> I would like to have 2 characters suggested always, so for "ABCD", it should suggest
> ABCD00
> ABCD20
> ABCD21
> ABCD22
>
> No smart sorting is needed, just alphabetically sorting. The problem is that for example
00 (or ABCD00) may not be suggested currently as it doesn't score high enough. But we are
really trying to get all distinct values starting from the smallest (up to a certain number
of suggestions).

> I was looking already at custom comparator class option. But this would probably not
work as I would need more information to implement it there (like at least the currently entered
search term, "ABCD" in the example).