lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Setting "df" (default field) from solrj?
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 15:04:21 GMT
You should simply set the default value for the "df" request parameter in
your Solr request handlers in solrconfig.xml. It is set to "text" out of the
box, but you can set it to your desired field.

If you still want to set/override "df" from SolrJ anyway, use the
SolrQuery.setParam method:

solrQuery.setParam("df", "SearchText");

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: homernabble
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 10:07 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Setting "df" (default field) from solrj?

I see in Solr 4 the defaultSearchField tag in schema.xml has been
deprecated.
I was looking in the Solrj API and I don't see a method for setting the
default field on a SolrQuery object.

This is basically what the code looks like now (stripped down):
solrQuery = SolrQuery.new()
solrQuery.setQuery(queryText)
queryResponse = solrServer.query(solrQuery)

Before Solr 4 this would work fine because defaultSearchField was set in
schema.xml.  Now I need to be able to set it from my solrj call.

Am I missing something, how can I set this for my queries via solrj?

As I'm typing this I realize I can do something like I have below (and this
is fine) but still wondering if there is a dedicated method for setting this
somewhere:

solrQuery.add("df", "SearchText")