lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: search on default field returns less documents
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 19:13:27 GMT
Default search field handling changed in Solr 3.6. Which release of Solr are
you using?

In Solr 3.6, the "df" request parameter in your query request handler
overrides the deprecated defaultSearchField. The out of the box default for
"df" is "text", which should match your schema, but... better to check.

Add the &debugQuery=true option to your query and check the parsedquery
attribute for the two queries, just to be sure what fields are actually
searched.

And which query parser are you using? dismax and edismax use "qf" to specify
the search fields.

What does your "textgen" analyzer look like?

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Shalom
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 1:13 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: search on default field returns less documents

Hi All
we have two fields:

<field name="doc" type="textgen" indexed="true"
stored="true" required="false" />

<field name="text" type="textgen" indexed="true" stored="false"
multiValued="true" />

'text' is our default field:

<defaultSearchField>text</defaultSearchField>

we copy the doc field to the 'text' field

<copyField source="doc" dest="text" />

when indexing 10 documents that have a value with same prefix in the doc
field, for example: ca067-XXX ,and searching on the default field I get only
5 results, I search for ca067 on the default field.
when searching ca067 on the 'doc' field I get the expected 10 results.

anyone has an idea what is wrong here ?

Thank you