lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Urgent: Facetable but not Searchable Field
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 13:40:50 GMT
The "indexed" and "stored" field attributes are independent, so you can
define a facet field as "stored" but not "indexed" (stored="true"
indexed="false"), so that the field can be faceted but not indexed.

In addition, you can also use a copyField to copy the original values for an
indexed field (before the values get analyzed and transformed to be placed
in the index as terms) to a stored field to facet them (or vice versa).

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: jayakeerthi s
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 6:58 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org ; solr-user-help@lucene.apache.org ;
solr-dev-help@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Urgent: Facetable but not Searchable Field

All,

We have a requirement, where we need to implement 2 fields as Facetable,
but the values of the fields should not be Searchable.

Please let me know is this feature Supported in Solr If yes what would be
the Configuration to be done in Schema.xml and Solrconfig.xml to achieve
the same.

This is kind of urgent as we need to reply on the functionality.

Thanks in advance,

Jay