lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Announce] Solr 4.0-ALPHA with RankingAlgorithm 1.4.4 with Realtime NRT available for download
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 12:09:57 GMT
These emails from Nagendra are very confusing. I've asked him in the past to be explicit about
his announce and make it clear that it is an external project.

Since I don't think he has changed how he does announce since that request, allow me to help
out:

Please note: This project has nothing to do with Apache. It is a completely external project
that apparently uses Apache Solr.

It's not supported by or endorsed by Apache or the Lucene/Solr projects. It's simply a project
that an external user is promoting on the Solr mailing list.

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com

On Jul 22, 2012, at 5:07 PM, Nagendra Nagarajayya wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I am very excited to announce the availability of Solr 4.0-ALPHA with RankingAlgorithm
1.4.4 with Realtime NRT. The Realtime NRT implementation now supports both RankingAlgorithm
and Lucene. Realtime NRT is a high performance and more granular NRT implementation as to
soft commit. The update performance is about 70,000 documents / sec*. You can also scale up
to 2 billion documents* in a single core, and query half a billion documents index in ms**.

> RankingAlgorithm 1.4.4 supports the entire Lucene Query Syntax, ± and/or boolean queries
and is compatible with the new Lucene 4.0-ALPHA api.