lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Danilak Michal <michal.dani...@prezi.com>
Subject Boosting the whole documents
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 13:39:29 GMT
Hi,

I have the following problem.
I would like to give a boost to the whole documents as I index them. I am
sending to solr xml in the form:

But it does't seem to alter the search scores in any way. I would expect
that to multiply the final search score by two, am I correct?
Probably I would need to alter schema.xml, but I found only information on
how to do that for specific fields (just put omitNorms=false into the field
tag). But what should I do, if I want to boost the whole document?

Note: by boosting a whole document I mean, that if document A has search
score 10.0 and document B has search score 15.0 and I give document A the
boost 2.0, when I index it, I would expect its search score to be 20.0.

Thanks in advance!

Michal Danilak