lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alireza Salimi <alireza.sal...@gmail.com>
Subject Synonyms and hyphens
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 20:05:28 GMT
Hi,

I'm not sure if anybody has experienced this behavior before or not.
I noticed that 'hyphen' plays a very important role here.
I used Solr's default example directory.
http://localhost:8983/solr/select/?q=name:(gb-mb)&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on&debugQuery=on&indent=on&wt=json&q.op=AND
results in  "parsedquery":"+name:gb +name:gib +name:gigabyte
+name:gigabytes +name:mb +name:mib +name:megabyte +name:megabytes",

While searching
http://localhost:8984/solr/select/?q=name:(gbmb)&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on&debugQuery=on&indent=on&wt=json&q.op=AND
results in "parsedquery":"+(name:gb name:gib name:gigabyte name:gigabytes)
+(name:mb name:mib name:megabyte name:megabytes)",

If you notice to the first query - with hyphens - you can see that the
results of
parsing is totally different. I know that hyphens are special characters in
Solr,
but there's no way that the first query returns any entry because it's
asking for
ALL synonyms.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks