lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Sohail Aboobaker <sabooba...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use of Solr as primary store for search engine
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 10:44:08 GMT
In many e-commerce sites, most of data that we display (except images)
especially in grids and lists is minimal. We were inclined to use Solr as
data store for only displaying the information in grids. We stopped only
due to non-availability of joins in Solr3.5. Since, our data (like any
other relational store) is split in multiple tables, we needed to
de-normalize to use solr as a store. We decided against it because that
would mean potentially heavy updates to indexes whenever related data is
updated. With Solr 4.0, we might have decided differently and implement the
grids using joins within solr.

We are too new to Solr to have any insights into it.

Regards,
Sohail