lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Amit Nithian <anith...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: difference between stored="false" and stored="true" ?
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 05:54:49 GMT
So couple questions on this (comment first then question):
1) I guess you can't have four combinations b/c
index=false/stored=false has no meaning?
2) If you set less fields stored=true does this reduce the memory
footprint for the document cache? Or better yet, I can store more
documents in the cache possibly increasing my cache efficiency?

I read about the lazy loading of fields which seems like a good way to
maximize the cache and gain the advantage of storing data in Solr too.

Thanks
Amit