lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Amit Nithian <anith...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use of Solr as primary store for search engine
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 19:17:42 GMT
Paul,

Thanks for your response! Were you using the SQL database as an object
store to pull XWiki objects or did you have to execute several queries
to reconstruct these objects? I don't know much about them sorry..
Also for those responding, can you provide a few basic metrics for me?
1) Number of nodes receiving queries
2) Approximate queries per second
3) Approximate latency per query

I know some of this may be sensitive depending on where you work so
reasonable ranges would be nice (i.e. sub-second isn't hugely helpful
since 50,100,200 ms have huge impacts depending on your site).

Thanks again!
Amit

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 1:09 AM, Paul Libbrecht <paul@hoplahup.net> wrote:
> Amit,
>
> not exactly a response to your question but doing this with a lucene index on i2geo.net
has resulted in considerably performance boost (reading from stored-fields instead of reading
from the xwiki objects which pull from the SQL database). However, it implied that we had
to rewrite anything necessary for the rendering, hence the rendering has not re-used that
many code.