lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Gyozo Kudor <kudorgy...@gmail.com>
Subject How can I use a payloads with edismax
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 07:30:14 GMT
Hello. First I  try to give an explanation of what I have and what I want.

*I have *the following query, url decoded:

192.168.1.200:8080/solr/Indexorauk/select/?q=+_query_:"{!edismax
qf='x_description^100 x_keywords^100 name^100' tie=1.0
boost=linear(x_rating,0.00002,1) v=$qq}" _query_:"{!payload qf=kw_pl^0.005
plf=kw_pl v=$qq}"&qq=hotel&fq=x_plz_ort:london
x_country:gb&fl=*,score&debugQuery=true&wt=json&indent=true

It is composed of 2 queries an edismax query with a boost, and a payload
query from digitalpebble<http://digitalpebble.blogspot.ro/2010/08/using-payloads-with-dismaxqparser-in.html>.

In the first query I use a multiplicative boost based on a field named
x_rating. For the second query I have a field called kw_pl which contains
keyword|payload values for each document indexed. for example hotel|20000
or hotel|10. It is multivalued. This shows how relevant a keyword is in a
document. (I index companies, if the company is a hotel it has a larger
payload than a company that is not a hotel but provides some services for
hotels for example). These values are not calculated by me, I only index
these values with the rest of the data using Data Import Handler from an
Oracle db.

*I wanted* to combine edismax with payloads in the same query so I can use
both multiplicative boost and payloads but I couldn't find anything. As I
observed the scores of the 2 queries are added together which makes itt
difficult for me to balance the importance of  the 2 queries.

*My questions are*: How can I use edismax with payloads? In general if I
have an importance field (x_rating) and multivalued keywords field with
payload (kw_pl) what is the best way to combine  these so I can later set
the importance of each factor? Any other advice? :)

Regards,
Gyozo